Thursday 12 November 2009

Out Of The Frying Pan...

Well, Textiles Techniques is handed in. Really proud of it, I may have been a bit modest but I'd rather be modest than blow my own horn. I don't have any photos of it, may ask Jayne on monday if its possible to take a couple and put them on here.

Now I've got Visual Language... Is it bad to say I thought it'd be doing calligraphy?

I have a little idea of what I could do.

We get to do soft sculpture (yey!) and I thought that I could possibly make some carrot earrings, they'd be cool. Embroidered and made out of satin perhaps with some angelina fibres attached to make it glisten and capture the light, that'd be gorgeous. Really nice, long, dangly earrings :) Just make sure you don't have a pet bunny near by or you'll have no more ears hehe!

I'm supposed to be taking photos of interesting buildings, about 50 of them for monday but I'm just having a little time to chill for a bit. I'd really like to go to Helmsley, I love the castle and all the little shops and pubs. Don't think the bus is still running there this time of year, it stopped halfway through october. Newcastle has some nice architecture but I prefer the countryside.

I've decided to crochet a little amigurumi desk friend for when I'm on my own on SDS, maybe a rabbit or a cat, the real work can start tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment