Tuesday 3 November 2009

Another Day, Another Blogger

I am currently a first year FDA Contemporary Textiles student, I taken up textiles as its a passion of mine, if I were to say that I always wanted to go art college I would be lying, I never really knew what I wanted to do but when my mother showed me the basics of knitting I knew I was hooked. Since then I taught myself how to crochet and have been learning ever since.

My main reason for studying art is that I would like to be an art therapist helping young adults with "learning difficulties" to express themselves, I myself have only recently been diagonosed with dyslexia and understand how hard it can be to go through an academic schooling system.

However I would also like to sell my own pieces of work on the side (who doesn't?). I love to make 3D/textural work which is a little on the crafty-side, for example dolls, and keep myself upto-date with contemporary artists.

I hope you enjoy looking at my work as much as I'm going to making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment